Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Long Lost Blogger…

Hello everyone!  Yes I am still alive and still very much pregnant.  We have had SO MUCH going on since our recent move to Knoxville and I have neglected the blog.  I feel terrible and apologize.  I swear that I will try my best to be a better blogger as we welcome our baby boy into the world.  I am working for my mom now and we have been slammed with work.  I am not complaining though…it feels good to be busy and passes the time quickly until I get to meet my baby boy!

On March 24, my best friend Jennifer, her mom Janet and my aunt Vicki threw me an AMAZING shower!  I had so many ladies there that love me, B and Lil Moon and we RACKED up.  My In-laws came in for the shower as well and they got to see our new digs here in Knoxville.  It was a fantastic weekend and we are so blessed! 

DSC00905

Me and my lovely hostesses…the shower was perfect! 

We got so many great gifts, but one super special gift was from Gigi (my mom) and Lynnie (B’s mom).  They went together and got us an awesome piece of artwork for Lil Moon’s nursery.  It says “I Love You to the Moon” and it looks fantastic hanging over his changing area in his room.  ( I swear to post pics of his nursery soon!). 

DSC00859

It was a great day and we SO appreciate all the love and support!

DSC00746DSC00826DSC00836DSC00848DSC00875DSC00877DSC00908

Easter Sunday was wonderful!  We went to church with my sweet Papaw Herman and then had a delicious lunch at Calhoun’s.  So much to be thankful for this Easter and we really enjoyed the gorgeous day and the great family time.  Now that we are back in Knoxville it is so easy and great to have family close!

DSC01018DSC01024DSC01025

On April 14th we traveled back to Nashville for another FANTASTIC shower thrown by my wonderful Nashville “family”.  Six of my besties went together and threw me a shower that finished off our wish list of items.  Jenna hosted it at her home and it was BEAUTIFUL!  After that shower we were more than prepared for the big guy (well, prepared with stuff, not mentally prepared :)  It was great to go back and see everyone and Lil Moon and I got loved on all over again.  I miss all my Nashville ladies and they were super fantastic!  The food was ridiculously great (the cupcakes even had little moons on them!) and the company was even better!

DSC01063DSC01064DSC01068DSC01195DSC01200DSC01205DSC01076DSC01201DSC01222

Below is a picture of me with all the gorgeous hostesses.  Couldn’t have asked for anything better. 

DSC01210

So I am officially 38 1/2 weeks pregnant.  I just went back to the doctor yesterday and I am 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced.  No real progress.  Seems as though Lil Moon is content in there.  The plan is that if he hasn’t arrived on his own by May 11 (the due date) they will induce me that day.  Please pray for us…I am a bit nervous about being induced and hope he just decides to exit on his own terms.  B and I are so SUPER excited to meet our baby boy.  Thanks for all the love and support from everyone! 

-E

2 comments:

  1. E ~ You are so beautiful and will do great! It was so wonderful to see your sweet face a few weeks ago! I must make it over to K-ville after lil' moon arrives! Looking forward to photos of the sweet babe once he arrives! xoxoxo, heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erri!!! I am just catching up and love this blog post about all your showers! I am ready to see a post about the real star of this show...Baby Moon himself!

    I love you and miss you!

    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete